Non-renewable Resource Poster
A non-renewable resource is something that is limited and we cannot make any more. For this assignment you will be making a poster explaining the science behind one non-renewable resource such as petroleum, coal, natural gas, unconventional gas/oil (fracking, tar sands), hydroelectric, fresh water, rare minerals, or metal ores. Include at least one illustration and be sure to use academic vocabulary.
Questions your poster should answer:
- What is your resource and what is it made of?
- What do humans use this resource for? Energy? Building material?
- How is this resource extracted (taken out) of the Earth?
- Where is the resource located on Earth? Do all countries have it, or only some?
- What are the consequences of using this resource? Does it contribute to global warming? Will it contribute to social problems? How?
Here is how this assignment will be graded:
Brainstorming = 10%
Research and facts = 10%
Rough draft = 20%
Final draft = 60%